- Listeria in Peaches, Food Borne Illnesses in Summer, Oh My
- Starr Boggs, Best Restaurant in Westhampton
- Worldwide Orphans Celebrate with 1000 Dinners on July 19
- Seeing Red? It’s a good thing for your health
- Bastille Day Beckons: May we
- Forget Groucho Marx. Club Bacon is Calling My Name
- Colman’s Mustard Makes Your Fourth of July Barbecue Sing
- Easy Fourth of July Feast: potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans and all the grilled goodies. Yum!
- What’s for Dinner? Open the refrigerator, shake your smart phone and decide
- What happens to children crossing the border into the U.S. from Latin America?
Can you make a call to Walmart to reject Monsanto’s genetically engineered sweet corn?
Join us along with Food and Water Watch who has organized this February 8, 2012 call in to Walmart to urge them to vote NO on GMO.
It’s very easy to make a call. We’re asking people to call the national customer service line, and ask Walmart to protect their customers by not selling Monsanto’s GE Sweet Corn.
Here’s what you do:
1) Call Walmart Customer Service at 877-796-1950
2) Follow the instructions in our short recording
You’ll have to jump through a couple hoops to get that customer service rep – like punch the button for ‘walmart.com’, then the one for the customer service rep. but you’ll find the rep courteous and I’m sure they’re taking note of the NUMBERS of calls. Please call today.
3) When a customer service representative answers, tell them your name and where you’re from, and then simply ask that they “protect their customers by committing not to sell Monsanto’s genetically engineered sweet corn.”
Your call will be one of thousands going in today that will show Walmart that citizens don’t want GE sweet corn.
Monsanto’s new genetically engineered sweet corn could be planted this spring unless we can convince grocery stores not to sell it. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and General Mills have all made the commitment. Since Walmart is the largest food retailer in the country, we need to hit Monsanto where it hurts by convincing Walmart to follow suit.
Today is the National Call-in Day to Walmart Against Monsanto’s GE Sweet Corn — Make your call now.Pin It