- My Christmas Gift To You. Straight Skinny on Roundup. Avoid it!
- Uber Pumpkin Pie, and you don’t even need pumpkin!
- Middle Eastern Cafe opens in Maplewood/Milburn, New Jersey
- Eric Ripert’s Thanksgiving Turkey: Two Ways Redux
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes: Carrot, Parsnip and Mint Mash. Easy and delicious
- Is Dietary Fat Good or Bad? Who Can Say?
- Quick! Have a Glass of Champagne. It’s National Champagne Day
- Crock pot Chicken Fajitas. Fall is coming. Yes.
- No Trouble Halloween Treats
- Sparkling Apple Toddy Today For a Perfect Halloween Cocktail
Thank Gawd its Friday — Before the Oscar Party. Here’s Cosmos for all
The Artist Cosmo
In case you were wondering how that gorgeous French actress, Bérénice Bejo, In The Artist, stayed so gorgeous, I’d say she did like all those other French Women who don’t get fat, and had her Cosmo sans sugar.
For my own Oscar Party, I intend to make pitchers of this stuff and keep it flowing.
For each serving:
1 jigger Citron vodka
2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice + grated zest of 1/2 lime
2 drops orange extract
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent (try Organic Zero)
Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Add sweetener as needed and shake again. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.Pin It