- Starr Boggs, Best Restaurant in Westhampton
- Worldwide Orphans Celebrate with 1000 Dinners on July 19
- Seeing Red? It’s a good thing for your health
- Bastille Day Beckons: May we
- Forget Groucho Marx. Club Bacon is Calling My Name
- Colman’s Mustard Makes Your Fourth of July Barbecue Sing
- Easy Fourth of July Feast: potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans and all the grilled goodies. Yum!
- What’s for Dinner? Open the refrigerator, shake your smart phone and decide
- What happens to children crossing the border into the U.S. from Latin America?
- Peg Bowden’s account of the flood of unaccompanied minors entering the U.S. from Nogales
Thank Gawd its Friday — Before the Oscar Party. Here’s Cosmos for all
The Artist Cosmo
In case you were wondering how that gorgeous French actress, Bérénice Bejo, In The Artist, stayed so gorgeous, I’d say she did like all those other French Women who don’t get fat, and had her Cosmo sans sugar.
For my own Oscar Party, I intend to make pitchers of this stuff and keep it flowing.
For each serving:
1 jigger Citron vodka
2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice + grated zest of 1/2 lime
2 drops orange extract
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent (try Organic Zero)
Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Add sweetener as needed and shake again. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.Pin It