- IS IT FOOD OR IS IT UNFOOD? WHAT’S IN YOUR GROCERY CART?
- Young Farmers Travel to Expo 2015 in Milan
- Mark Your Calendar: Weston A Price Meets in California
- Massaging the Kale — Or Not
- Soup Soup We All Cry for Soup: Especially Simple Navy Bean Soup
- May 4 is National Orange Juice Day: Yum
- Kentucky Derby Winner 2015 American Pharoah
- Green is Green Whether it’s Lettuce or Turnip Greens
- Responding to the USDA Dietary Food Guidelines
- Dr. Oz Attacked By Colleagues on the Take
Thank Gawd its Friday — Before the Oscar Party. Here’s Cosmos for all
The Artist Cosmo
In case you were wondering how that gorgeous French actress, Bérénice Bejo, In The Artist, stayed so gorgeous, I’d say she did like all those other French Women who don’t get fat, and had her Cosmo sans sugar.
For my own Oscar Party, I intend to make pitchers of this stuff and keep it flowing.
For each serving:
1 jigger Citron vodka
2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice + grated zest of 1/2 lime
2 drops orange extract
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent (try Organic Zero)
Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Add sweetener as needed and shake again. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.Pin It