- Richard Olney’s Chicken Gratin
- Skillet Chicken with Yellow Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s Braised Chicken in Milk. Yum!
- It’s 5 degrees outside today. Time for Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate, Italian Style
- Fifty Shades of Nonsense
- Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine is Back and it’s Better than Ever
- Valentine’s Day Caramel Fruit Fondue for Two
- Chocolate Fruit and Oat Mashup
- Go Wild This Valentine’s Day With a cocktail scented with the wild hibiscus flower. Yes.
- Almost Instant Mashed Potatoes with Cheese
Thank Gawd its Friday — Before the Oscar Party. Here’s Cosmos for all
The Artist Cosmo
In case you were wondering how that gorgeous French actress, Bérénice Bejo, In The Artist, stayed so gorgeous, I’d say she did like all those other French Women who don’t get fat, and had her Cosmo sans sugar.
For my own Oscar Party, I intend to make pitchers of this stuff and keep it flowing.
For each serving:
1 jigger Citron vodka
2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice + grated zest of 1/2 lime
2 drops orange extract
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent (try Organic Zero)
Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Add sweetener as needed and shake again. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.Pin It