- Guilty Pleasures: Honest Mac and Cheese
- Equinox Easter Lunch: Black Kale and Sweet Potato Salad
- Dyeing Easter Eggs: The Natural Way
- National Popcorn Day, April 6, calls for Caramel
- Why You Should Go Back To Food
- Risi E Bisi, Spring in a Bowl
- Panna Cotta on a Bed of Berries
- Radishes Herald the Arrival of Spring
- Quick as a Wink: Tom Ka Gai, Thai Chicken Soup. Yes!
- Call All The Moms you Know: We Can Succeed at Getting Mandatory Labeling for GMO’s
Thank Gawd its Friday — Before the Oscar Party. Here’s Cosmos for all
The Artist Cosmo
In case you were wondering how that gorgeous French actress, Bérénice Bejo, In The Artist, stayed so gorgeous, I’d say she did like all those other French Women who don’t get fat, and had her Cosmo sans sugar.
For my own Oscar Party, I intend to make pitchers of this stuff and keep it flowing.
For each serving:
1 jigger Citron vodka
2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice + grated zest of 1/2 lime
2 drops orange extract
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent (try Organic Zero)
Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Add sweetener as needed and shake again. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.Pin It