- Texas comes to East Quogue: Aka – the Hamptons
- The Farmer in the Dell, and in the Pantry. Snacks! Yes!
- Summer Cocktails: Cool down the fires with these lovely Tequila Cocktails
- Baked Mac and Cheese With 4 Veggies and 3 Cheeses
- Summer Garden Pasta and I MEAN straight out of the garden
- Rustic European Breads from your Bread Machine 2nd Edition is now available in bookstores everywhere
- Pig Tail Stew
- If Dogs Ran the World: Chapter 50 to THE END
- Hot Dogs For Independence Day. Aw Snap. Yes!
- If Dogs Ran the World: Chapters 40 to 42
Thank Gawd its Friday — Before the Oscar Party. Here’s Cosmos for all
The Artist Cosmo
In case you were wondering how that gorgeous French actress, Bérénice Bejo, In The Artist, stayed so gorgeous, I’d say she did like all those other French Women who don’t get fat, and had her Cosmo sans sugar.
For my own Oscar Party, I intend to make pitchers of this stuff and keep it flowing.
For each serving:
1 jigger Citron vodka
2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice + grated zest of 1/2 lime
2 drops orange extract
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent (try Organic Zero)
Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Add sweetener as needed and shake again. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.Pin It