- Roasted Carrots Pureed with Thyme
- Chef Jesse Jones heals the sick with food.
- If Dogs Ran the World: chapters 22,23,24
- Eezy Peezy Mac and Cheese: No Muss, No Fuss. Just Dump it in and Yum!
- Spring Radish Sandwiches with Butter and Sea Salt
- If Dogs Ran the World: Chapters 21 – 22 The Greater Yucatan Dog Rescue Begins
- Little Flower Candy Co.’s Christine Moore has a new book. Little Flower Baking. Yum!
- If Dogs Ran the World: Chapters 19 – 20 Staging a Jail Break for the Dogs in the Pound
- Warm Beet Salad on a Bed of Beet Greens
- Aldi Comes to America: Quality foodstuffs, Great Prices. Reasonable size portions, and the store itself
Confetti Chicken and Mixed Baby Bells on a Bed of Spaghetti Squash
Confetti Chicken and Vegetables on a Bed of Spaghetti Squash
I have fallen in love with those new “baby bells” in the market. Sweet beyond measure, just the right size for a mixed saute. If you are using baby bells, use whole ones. If you’re using regular sized peppers, whack up the whole things and just use half of each color. Sharpen your knives, heat up your best big skillet. Here’s a one dish dinner that is colorful, healthful, and easy to do. All cooked in one pan and served from that pan. What could be better?
makes 6-8 servings
1 spaghetti squash
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, smashed
4 chicken thighs
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs: parsley, basil, and/or mint
Pierce squash several places then cook in the microwave until tender, about 8 minutes.
Then cut into uniform small pieces the chicken and all vegetables. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then add chicken and cook until done through and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Cover and keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in the skillet then saute the vegetables over high heat until browned and transluscent. Add chicken back to the skillet. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes, then toss with cheese and herbs.
Meanwhile, shred the spaghetti squash and place on the platter. Mound chicken and vegetables atop the squash and serve at once.