- Back to Schoool Meatloaf. Good for Days
- Burpee Seeds: Your Start to Food Freedom with your own garden
- Watermelon Tomato Salad with Mint
- Greek Salad with Three Beans: Perfect for Labor Day Brunches
- Low Carb Bacon and Egg Quiche with a Cheese Grits Crust. Yum!
- SAVE THE DATE: August 15 Burpee opens its gates at Historic Fordhook Farm. Come One and All
- House of Representatives Passed A Bill Prohibiting States from GMO labeling. Call Your Senator. Just Say No.
- Oodles of Zoodles wins at White House 2015 Kids’ Cooking Competition
- Maplewood Township meets to discuss animal control and wild life protection July 21, 2015 town hall
- Who has the healthiest eating habits?
Confetti Chicken and Mixed Baby Bells on a Bed of Spaghetti Squash
Confetti Chicken and Vegetables on a Bed of Spaghetti Squash
I have fallen in love with those new “baby bells” in the market. Sweet beyond measure, just the right size for a mixed saute. If you are using baby bells, use whole ones. If you’re using regular sized peppers, whack up the whole things and just use half of each color. Sharpen your knives, heat up your best big skillet. Here’s a one dish dinner that is colorful, healthful, and easy to do. All cooked in one pan and served from that pan. What could be better?
makes 6-8 servings
1 spaghetti squash
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, smashed
4 chicken thighs
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs: parsley, basil, and/or mint
Pierce squash several places then cook in the microwave until tender, about 8 minutes.
Then cut into uniform small pieces the chicken and all vegetables. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then add chicken and cook until done through and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Cover and keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in the skillet then saute the vegetables over high heat until browned and transluscent. Add chicken back to the skillet. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes, then toss with cheese and herbs.
Meanwhile, shred the spaghetti squash and place on the platter. Mound chicken and vegetables atop the squash and serve at once.