- Chapter Six: If Dogs Ran the World: The Value of Big Ideas
- Quick Diet Lunch: Poached Fish with a side of seasoned coleslaw and cantaloupe
- Brigid of Kildare’s Feast: Guinness Lamb and Cabbage with Carrots and Potatoes
- My Mama’s Texas Pot Roast with Four Roses Bourbon Gravy
- HCG Diet Lunch #4 Tuna with Broccoli Slaw, Tomatoes, Blueberries,Chia Seeds
- Chapter 5: If Dogs Ran the World.
- HCG Diet lunch #4 Coconut Shrimp over Coleslaw with Tomatoes, Cucumber and a Spritz of Meyer Lemon Juice
- ECKHARDT’S EXTREME DIET LUNCH #3. HCG: 40 POUNDS IN 40 DAYS
- Chapter 4: If Dogs Ran the World
- Zesty Jumbo Lump Crabmeat on a bed of Romaine with a Meyer Lemon Spritz for your HCG Diet Lunch
Have an Earth Day Margarita from Herradura. Cheers.
Herradura Celebrates Earth Day with Sustainable Farm Practices
As you know, on April 22 we celebrate Earth Day and Casa Herradura would like to share facets of the production process that showcase the brand’s commitment to sustainability:
1. Wastewater Reuse and Filtration. In 2007, Casa Herradura built a multimillion dollar, state of the art wastewater treatment plant to treat 100% of wastewater generated in the tequila production process. In 2010, the brand added a second wastewater treatment system to treat 100% of the wastewater generated from cafeterias, restrooms, bathrooms, etc. Additionally, the brand added a wastewater filtration system to treat 100% of its treated water and make it suitable for irrigation in agave nurseries, lawns and compost process, reducing well water use in the dry season.
2. Renewable Energy. In 2009, Casa Herradura installed a waste-to-energy process that fuels a steam boiler with biogas generated by a biological anaerobic reactor, as part of the wastewater treatment plant (WWTP). This system provides 12 percent of the energy utilized in the tequila production process.
3. Renewable Composting. Since 2008, Casa Herradura’s compost process has converted more than 81,000 tons of agave bagasse into more than 27,000 tons of compost, mostly used in agave fields and nurseries.
4. Comprehensive Recycling. In 2000, Casa Herradura established company-wide recycling centers. All bottles, cardboard, plastic, aluminum, computer paper, glass, all kind of metals, are separated and sent for recycling with authorized recyclers.
5. Hazardous waste handling and disposing. In 2008, the agricultural area of Casa Herradura became part of the “Clean Field” program to handle and dispose all hazardous waste generated from agrochemical usage. The hazardous waste is then treated, sent for recycling or incinerated according to Mexican Laws.
6. Non-hazardous waste handling and disposing. In 2011, Casa Herradura implemented an internal “Green Field” program to handle and dispose non-hazardous waste produced during agave harvesting.
Let’s Celebrate Earth Day with a Herradura Fresh Margarita. Cheers!
Herradura Fresh Margarita
1½ oz. Herradura Reposado
½ oz. Cointreau®
1½ oz. Agave Nectar
1½ oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
In a shaker filled with ice, add ingredients, shake to mix. Serve in a salt-rimmed rocks glass.