- Chapter Six: If Dogs Ran the World: The Value of Big Ideas
- Quick Diet Lunch: Poached Fish with a side of seasoned coleslaw and cantaloupe
- Brigid of Kildare’s Feast: Guinness Lamb and Cabbage with Carrots and Potatoes
- My Mama’s Texas Pot Roast with Four Roses Bourbon Gravy
- HCG Diet Lunch #4 Tuna with Broccoli Slaw, Tomatoes, Blueberries,Chia Seeds
- Chapter 5: If Dogs Ran the World.
- HCG Diet lunch #4 Coconut Shrimp over Coleslaw with Tomatoes, Cucumber and a Spritz of Meyer Lemon Juice
- ECKHARDT’S EXTREME DIET LUNCH #3. HCG: 40 POUNDS IN 40 DAYS
- Chapter 4: If Dogs Ran the World
- Zesty Jumbo Lump Crabmeat on a bed of Romaine with a Meyer Lemon Spritz for your HCG Diet Lunch
Mother’s Day Panna Cotta with an Irish Whiskey Sauce
Perfect Panna Cotta
I don’t know about your mother, but the mother in this family (that would be me) would rather have a slightly tipsy dessert than anything I can think of. And top that off with the bottle of Irish Whiskey you used to make the sauce, and we’re good for another year.
Make in pretty molds for that special effect. And here’s a tip for using the molds. Place them on a cookie sheet before moving them. They’re all squiggly and you don’t want warm cream all over the inside of the refrigerator. The cat will love you, but there it stops.
Makes 10-12 servings
4 cups heavy organic cream
1/2 teaspoon stevia powdered extract OR to taste
Few grains sea salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 packets powdered gelatin (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
6 tablespoons cold water
Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Pour the cream into a large heatproof vessel with a lip (glass for the microwave, metal for the stovetop). Heat the cream, sugar substitute and salt until all is dissolved, and it’s just below the boil. then remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Sprinkle the gelatin over cold water in a small bowl and let it stand 5 to 10 minutes, or until completely dissolved.
Lightly spritz molds with cooking spray. Set these aside.
Scoop the gelatin mixture into the very warm cream mixture, and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Divide the Panna Cotta mixture into the prepared cups, then chill them until firm, which will take at least two hours.
Run a sharp knife around the edge of each Panna Cotta and unmold each onto a serving dish pooled with Whiskey sauce. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
Irish Whiskey Sauce
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) Irish Kerry butter
1/4 teaspoon stevia powdered extract OR to taste
Few grains sea salt
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Black Bush Irish Whiskey
1 large organic egg, whisked lightly
Melt the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan.
Stir in sugar substitute and salt and whisk thoroughly. Add whiskey and cook until all is dissolved. Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. Transfer to a pitcher. Serve warm over the Panna Cotta. (May be covered and stored in the refrigerator than reheated 30 seconds in the microwave).Pin It