- Make a Sandwich. But First, just make the bread. Yes.
- How Does the Omnivore’s Diet Stack Up Next to a Vegetarian’s?
- Canning in the age of the possible. Bottoms up, its time for a Mango Tequila Sunrise from a Ball Spiral Jar
- Happy Easter Everybody. Goldenrod eggs for all.
- The Road to Assisi and other adventures in the kitchen: Italian Peasant Soup
- Big Old Chicken Breasts To the Rescue
- Amazing Chocolate Cake from a brand new blog. Check it out.
- Uncle Ben’s 20 Minute Dinners do it for me
- Embrew offers single serving teas and coffees
- Hooray! Peg Bowden has started up her blog again. You want a front row seat to immigration? Here it is.sign up
Christmas is Coming: Can The Cocktail of the Hour Be Far Behind? S’moretini Arrives!
A bar in Manhattan, The Duo Lounge, on Madison Avenue, is aiming to corner the Christmas market with this silly and flip version of a sweet martini. If you’re planning a silly and flip little party this holiday season, why not give this silly and flip cocktail a shot. Especially if it starts to snow. Just begs for a snowstorm doesn’t it?
Manhattan’s Duo Lounge S’moretini
Rim a martini glass with chocolate syrup and crushed graham crackers.
Combine 2 oz of Ketel One Vodka* with 1oz Crème de Cacao in a cocktail shaker
Vigorously shake with ice and strain into the martini glass.
Top the martini off with a scoop of marshmallow crème (such as Fluff), a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a marshmallow.
Sit by a fire and enjoy.
*Inspired by 300 years of tradition, Ketel One® Vodka is crafted from small batches in the Dutch tradition by the 10th generation of the Nolet family. The Ketel One name is derived from Distilleerketel #1, the original coal-fired copper pot still which remains in operation today.This time-honored process results in a fine quality vodka, ideal for enjoying on the rocks.