- Texas Cattlemen will take the first hit from Trump’s new trade policies
- Valentine’s is Near. Here’s a Romantic Venue for you
- Postgame Analysis Superbowl 2017
- Tunisian Chicken Stew Over Couscous with Green Harissa: An Eat More Weigh Less Recipe
- Get Your Christmas on. Time for Aunt Bill’s brown candy.
- Stocking Stuffers from 4th & Heart
- Shakshuka for a Quick Dinner During the Holidays
- Plain Old Pecan Pie (what could be better? and damn the hfcs in it. Go ahead. Indulge. It’s Christmas
- Pantry Soup: Making soup is mainly a method. I can teach you that method. Go!
- You Talk about the gift that keeps on giving
Christmas Cookies, Heirloom Fruit Curds, Gifts from Your Kitchen. Yum!
Faithful to Foods in Chicago has gone the extra mile and brought us some fantastic fruit curds just in time for Christmas giving. Doing business as Scrumptious Pantry, and sold exclusively at Whole Foods, they preserve the true flavors of biodiversity by gathering wild fruits including the Paw Paw, Huckleberry, and Lingonberry to make some heavenly fruit curds.
For our Thanksgiving, we served the Lingonberry to accompany the turkey and it gave just the right punch to the mellow flavor of that turkey.
The scrumptious pantry’s heirloom fruit curds are made by gathering wild fruits then blending them with organic valley butter, organic egg yolks and organic evaporated cane juice and lemon juice.
We find these fruit curds delicious right out of the jar, or used in recipes, like these gorgeous thumbprint cookies for kitchen gifts. Yum!
Huckleberry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
For the dough:
1 stick (4 oz) butter
1/2 cup (2oz) powdered sugar
1 egg, separated
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp sea salt salt
1 jar SP Heirloom Fruit Curd Huckleberry flavor
(1) beat butter and powdered sugar for 2-3 min.,
(2) add egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat for 30 seconds,
(3) add flour, cocoa and salt and mix till dough is smooth and refrigerate for at least 30 min.
(4) whisk egg white in a bowl and pour some granulated sugar in a second bowl
(5) roll dough into balls, dip in egg white and sugar and line up on baking sheet an inch apart
(6) push little finger straight into the dough and fill the dent with SP Huckleberry Curd
7) bake at 350F for 10 – 12 minutes.