- Amazing Chocolate Cake from a brand new blog. Check it out.
- Uncle Ben’s 20 Minute Dinners do it for me
- Embrew offers single serving teas and coffees
- Hooray! Peg Bowden has started up her blog again. You want a front row seat to immigration? Here it is.sign up
- Texas Cattlemen will take the first hit from Trump’s new trade policies
- Valentine’s is Near. Here’s a Romantic Venue for you
- Postgame Analysis Superbowl 2017
- Tunisian Chicken Stew Over Couscous with Green Harissa: An Eat More Weigh Less Recipe
- Get Your Christmas on. Time for Aunt Bill’s brown candy.
- Stocking Stuffers from 4th & Heart
Latest Science on Saturated Fats vs Carbs for Health or NOT
Kris Gunnars, my idol in the nutrition dissemination world has reviewed the latest scientific studies on the effect of saturated fats on the diet. Check out this overview, then log onto his site. Sign up to get his posts regularly. You’ll learn something. His review of the new science is illuminating.
Time to Retire The Myth?
People with certain medical conditions or cholesterol problems may need to watch their saturated fat intake.
However, the studies are pretty clear that, for the average individual, saturated fat has no significant association with heart disease.
That being said, there may be a small benefit to replacing saturated fat with unsaturated fat.
This does not mean that saturated fat is “bad” – just that it is neutral, while some unsaturated fats are particularly healthy.
By replacing something that is neutral with something that is very healthy, then you will get a net health benefit.
At the end of the day, there doesn’t seem to be any reason for the general population to worry about saturated fat.
Eating Fat is not what makes you FAT.Pin It