- Amazing Chocolate Cake from a brand new blog. Check it out.
- Uncle Ben’s 20 Minute Dinners do it for me
- Embrew offers single serving teas and coffees
- Hooray! Peg Bowden has started up her blog again. You want a front row seat to immigration? Here it is.sign up
- Texas Cattlemen will take the first hit from Trump’s new trade policies
- Valentine’s is Near. Here’s a Romantic Venue for you
- Postgame Analysis Superbowl 2017
- Tunisian Chicken Stew Over Couscous with Green Harissa: An Eat More Weigh Less Recipe
- Get Your Christmas on. Time for Aunt Bill’s brown candy.
- Stocking Stuffers from 4th & Heart
Stocking Stuffers from 4th & Heart
Stocking Stuffers from 4th and Heart
So you’re the mom. What would you like in your Christmas stocking? How about a jar of ghee. Don’t laugh. This is a new product from 4th & Heart which is really desirable for home cooks. It’s a highly refined flavored butter to use in cooking. It can be your secret weapon. Try this recipe for Christmas dinner to accompany that roast.
If you want to go all out, add the ingredients to this dish + a print out of the recipe and you will have a very merry Christmas.
Cauliflower Mash with Truffle Salt Ghee
1 large head of yellow or white cauliflower
3 parsnips (about 3/4 lbs.)
1 cup almond, coconut, or whole milk
4 tablespoons White Truffle Salt Ghee
½ cup pumpkin seeds
Cut cauliflower into quarters. Cut parsnips into halves (no need to peel if well washed).
Lightly salt a 5-gallon pot of water. Bring to boil.
Add cauliflower and boil 5-minutes. You want it to
be soft but not fall completely apart. Remove, drain and allow to cool
Add parsnips to the same pot of boiling water. Boil 10 minutes or until soft. Remove and allow to cool.
Pour out the remaining water leaving about 1/2 cup. Place pot back on the burner and turn heat to low. Add milk.
Place cauliflower and parsnips back in the pan and allow to simmer. Bring heat up to medium. Use an immersion hand held blender to start mashing. Add ghee and mash until chunky.
Serve warm as a side dish to your holiday dinner.
4th & Heart Ghee is clarified butter that has been slowly cooked then filtered three times to create a decadent golden, lactose-free cooking oil that puts butter to shame. Infused with one-of-a-kind flavors of White Truffle Sea Salt, California Garlic, Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Himalayan Pink Salt and Original, Fourth & Heart’s grass-fed, pasture raised ghee is next level. As fantastic as it tastes, it’s health benefits are equally impressive. It’s high in butyric acid for healthy digestion, packed with vitamins A, D, E, K along with MCT’s and omega fatty acids that reduce inflammation and increase metabolism.
See larger image