- Make a Sandwich. But First, just make the bread. Yes.
- How Does the Omnivore’s Diet Stack Up Next to a Vegetarian’s?
- Canning in the age of the possible. Bottoms up, its time for a Mango Tequila Sunrise from a Ball Spiral Jar
- Happy Easter Everybody. Goldenrod eggs for all.
- The Road to Assisi and other adventures in the kitchen: Italian Peasant Soup
- Big Old Chicken Breasts To the Rescue
- Amazing Chocolate Cake from a brand new blog. Check it out.
- Uncle Ben’s 20 Minute Dinners do it for me
- Embrew offers single serving teas and coffees
- Hooray! Peg Bowden has started up her blog again. You want a front row seat to immigration? Here it is.sign up
Canning in the age of the possible. Bottoms up, its time for a Mango Tequila Sunrise from a Ball Spiral Jar
A Jarring Experience: Putting Food By in the Age of the possible
Not so long ago, canning food to get you through the winter was a task that every home maker knew would take up a good bit of her summer as the harvest came and went.
But now, when ardent cooks want to take gifts for housewarming or wedding parties, nothing is quite as personal as a jar of food you’ve put by yourself.
And in fact, we don’t even think the food has to be “canned” in the traditional sense of the word. Using the jar as a vessel to carry along some fresh comestible is the new and interesting way to can.
And Ball jars, on the cutting edge for nearly a hundred years, have created the coolest looking jars to hold your most precious home made gift. These Ball Collection Elite Spiral Jars just say – it’s a party before you even open one up to see what it contains.
You can jar up your favorite apple pie filling. You can jar up the provender of your garden as it comes along. But for pure fun, how about taking a quart of this gorgeous cocktail known as a Tequila Sunrise. Offer martini glasses to serve, keep the mixture icy cold, and you, my friend, will be the star of the show. Bottoms up!.
Mango Tequila Sunrise
3.0 oz orange juice
1.5 oz. Cuervo Gold Tequila
1.0 oz. mango puree
0.5 oz. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
0.5 oz. grenadine
1 orange slice for garnish
1 cherry for garnish
Add grenadine to mason jar. Tumble together orange juice, Cuervo Gold Tequila, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, mango puree with ice. Garnish with a speared orange slice and cherry. Enjoy! – See more at: http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/bold-sips-cocktails
See larger image