- Make a Sandwich. But First, just make the bread. Yes.
- How Does the Omnivore’s Diet Stack Up Next to a Vegetarian’s?
- Canning in the age of the possible. Bottoms up, its time for a Mango Tequila Sunrise from a Ball Spiral Jar
- Happy Easter Everybody. Goldenrod eggs for all.
- The Road to Assisi and other adventures in the kitchen: Italian Peasant Soup
- Big Old Chicken Breasts To the Rescue
- Amazing Chocolate Cake from a brand new blog. Check it out.
- Uncle Ben’s 20 Minute Dinners do it for me
- Embrew offers single serving teas and coffees
- Hooray! Peg Bowden has started up her blog again. You want a front row seat to immigration? Here it is.sign up
All posts tagged "Burwell General Store"
- The New New Cole Slaw: America gets real with cabbage in hundreds of iterations
Oh I know. There’s nothing new under the sun. But on this oh so hot June day, here’s a new cole slaw made new with sherry vinegar and black sesame seeds. Lets here it for new. Once,...
- Posted July 2, 2012
- Burwell General Store Recipe Swap for February 2012: Wild Rice Skillet Supper with Ham, Fruit and Nuts: Gluten Free and Good
Ground Hog saw his shadow this week. Damn! Six more weeks of winter, means time for Hearty Wild Rice blend Skillet Supper with Ham, Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and Aromatic Vegetables. Yum.
- Posted February 5, 2012
- Burwell General Store Recipe Swap for Christmas: Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie
If chocolate chip cookies are your go-to dessert for the kids, why not take it to the next level and make a pie crust from the cookies and pile it high with your favorite ice cream...
- Posted December 4, 2011
- Burnt Sugar Cake says happy birthday to us from Burwell General Store Recipe Swap for November 2011
Burwell General Store Recipe Swap for November. Happy Birthday Cake: Burnt Sugar Cake and Caramel Frosting
- Posted November 6, 2011
- Making Cabbage Slaw: the old fashioned way for Burwell General Store Recipe Swap
Burwell General Store recipe swap for October calls for a rendition of hot close slaw. Now that's something I know something about. My dad, who did most of the cooking, made slaw every...
- Posted October 2, 2011
- Rabbit Stew with Dumplings: Burwell General Store Recipe Swappers for September, 2011
Burwell General Store Recipe Swappers Rabbit Stew with Dumplings in a Red Wine Sauce. This recipe comes by way of my grandmother, my trip to LaVarenne, and the Burwell swappers. Wowee. It's good.
- Posted September 3, 2011
- Recipe Swap: My Grandmother’s Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies
Back in the day, when the cook relied on limited stores and fresh dairy to make cookies for the kids, it was a known fact that farm style molasses cookies were the best. Eat...
- Posted August 7, 2011
- Italian Cake Filled with Wild Strawberries then topped with Whipped Cream. Yum!
Italian style cake made with olive oil and lemon then filled with an adlib fresh strawberry preserve and topped with whipped cream. Heaven on earth.
- Posted July 8, 2011
- Sweet Potato Donuts, Organic, Sustainable, Gluten Free, Fabulous
Sweet potatoes are low on the glycemic index and popular for those on low carb diets, diabetic diets and moms who just want to provide their kids with a healthy alternative to fast food. Plus you can make a...
- Posted June 5, 2011
- Busy Day Wacky Cake from Burwell General Store
My friend, Christiana Reinhardt, has a great website, http://www.burwellgeneralstore.com, with lots of easy, fabulous ideas. She got the idea for this cake from trade-around recipes from the Great Depression. This recipe lends itself to easy substitutions. I’m...
- Posted April 4, 2011